High Tea: Lobby Lounge @ Westin Hotel

Located on the 32nd floor, with frontal view of the port and South China Sea, the Lobby Lounge at Westin is unlike any other hotels in Singapore. The 2-storey tall ceilings made the space more grand than it already is. I love the combination of light brown leather and shades of purple, complemented by mahogany wood. The chandeliers were sophisticated with unique glass jars sitting atop a mirror disc. Lobby Lounge serves high tea daily from 2.30-5pm at $45 for 2 people, with complimentary tea! Furthermore, there will be live piano music in the background playing renditions of classics.

Plushy armchairs and sofas, completed with numerous pillows set the mood for a lazy day!

The bar counter that is opened till midnight.

JING Jade Sword Green TEa, Zhejiang Province, China
JING Jasmine Silver Needle, Fujian Province, China
The teas were very fragrant and light. Each tea cup came with a wonderful-tasting minute chocolate cone attached. The teapots were really precarious on the burner though!

Classy 3-tier with all the high-tea goodies!

The quantity was adequate in my opinion, even though they may seem insufficient.

Egg (something) Tarts – These were my favourite bites out of the lot!! The taste was extremely unique, so much so that I could not tell what was within.  The tart had the textures of Scottish biscuit and the fillings were creamy and good. Hands-down the best tart I’ve had!

Egg Mayo Sandwich; Cucumber Sandwich; Smoked Salmon Sandwich – Using the freshest ingredients, I really found satisfaction in simplicity.

Pastries and Desserts – The cakes, tarts and eclairs were excellent but the scones were rather mediocre as they were not warmed up, though I give them the benefit of doubt since I had them last. The desserts were not too sweet, instead, they were enhanced by the natural sweetness of the fresh berries.

Prawn Cocktail ($26) – The ala-carte menu offers small bites as well, like this refreshing and tasty salad.  The king prawns were definitely the star of the dish as they were extremely fresh and springy! I was really glad that they were deveined – bonus points for the chefs!

My high-tea experience at Westin Hotel was a superb one, with excellent service standards though the staff were not very confident yet (I was there on the 2nd day of opening). I believe the pricing was very reasonable and really, I wouldn’t want to spend a Saturday afternoon squeezing with a crowd at the buffet line. This felt more like English Royalty.
Lobby Lounge
Level 32, Westin Hotel Singapore
12 Marina View
Asia Square Tower 2
Tel: 6922 6888

Advertisements

10 Comments Add yours

1. anonymous says:

are the items refillable ?

1. foodiepink says:

Hi! The items are not refillable but definitely enough to satisfy!

2. Food Esteem says:

Love your pics 🙂 Tai Tai type of high tea 🙂

1. foodiepink says:

Haha thank you! A very affordable chi-chi high tea I would say!

3. summerlovestoeat says:

Hi, I went to lobby lounge at Westin for high tea today but its not $45 for two as what u mentioned. This price is only for one person so end up we ordered 1 set only as its too ex to pay $90++ for 2 persons with so limited items… Can i check with u when u went during Jan, you pay $90 or $45 for two? And u went on a weekday or weekend? I went on a Sun but there wasn’t any live piano at all.. *Disappointed*

1. foodiepink says:

Hello, I paid about $70 for the total bill – the high tea set you see in the photos as well as the salad. Essentially, it’s $45 for the set as pictured. I’m not too sure if that’s for 1 person or 2 though – cos there was double of every item so I assumed it was for 2. Did you get what you saw in my photo?
      Also I was there on a Saturday afternoon for my staycation and there was live piano music both in the afternoon and night! Sorry to hear that your experience was such a let-down. 😦

4. summerlovestoeat says:

No i didn’t get double of every item.. Total quantity i get was only miserable 8 small pieces at $45++. I see your tea came with a burner but mine no burner too. I think they changed everything.. Omg No piano in afternoon, no burner, from double became single items.. Sad.. You were very lucky! 🙂

1. foodiepink says:

Oh dear, sounds really bad. Thanks a lot for the update though!! Really appreciate your comments. 🙂